Governor Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has revealed that he does not have a bank account in any part of the world.
Speaking on Saturday in Osogbo, the outgoing governor also disclosed that he did not earn salaries throughout the eight years of his administration.
He explained that since it was the state that was feeding him, fueling his cars and provided him with accommodation, there was no need for him to receive salaries.
Aregbesola said: “I have not collected salaries since I became the governor of the state.
“The state feeds me, fuels my car and provided me accommodation. With all these, I don’t need money.
“I have no money and bank account anywhere.
“I have no house except the one I built before I became the governor.
“Anyone can go out there to investigate if I have bank accounts.”
Aregbesola will hand over to the governor-elect, Gboyega Oyetola, on November 27.
- Actor Femi Adebayo Thankful After Escaping Gunmen Attack In Lagos
- Employer Stabs Filling Station Manager To Death In Nnewi Over N40k (Photos)
- Woman leading kidnap, robbery gang gets arrested
- Osun 2018: Who’s Osun State Next Governor?
- BREAKING: Fayose arrives EFCC office in company of Wike [Video]